220.127.116.11.1. Diagnostics and adjustment
The electronic control system of the engine consists of the electronic block of management and following gauges:
– The potentiometer throttle заслонки – informs the electronic block of management on position throttle заслонки and speeds of closing / of opening throttle заслонки;
– The gauge of temperature of a cooling liquid – informs the management block on engine temperature;
– The gauge of a stream of air – informs the management block on quantity and temperature of air passing through an inlet air pipe;
– The gauge of an angle of rotation of a cranked shaft (it is established in the ignition distributor) – informs the management block on speed of work of the engine and position of a cranked shaft;
– The gauge of speed of movement of the car (it is established in a speedometer) – informs the management block on speed of movement of the car;
– The switch in system of strengthening of a steering and the switch in air central air (if it is established) – inform the management block on inclusion of these systems that the management block could adjust speed of idling of the engine for indemnification of additional loading on the engine from these systems;
– The gauge of exhaust gases (only on models with каталитическим the converter) – sends to the block of management the information on the oxygen maintenance in exhaust gases.
Signals from all these gauges are analyzed by the electronic block of management. On the basis of this information the electronic block of management regulates work of fuel injectors (changing duration of impulses – time period during which injectors are opened – that richer or poor fuel mix, in dependence because has turned out that is necessary). The structure of a fuel mix and speed of idling of the engine constantly change the electronic block of management to provide optimum start of the engine (at cold or hot start), engine warming up, single work of the engine, the best work of the engine at movement on highway and at a sharp set of speed.
The electronic block of management of the engine also completely supervises speed of work of the engine in an idling mode through the additional valve of giving of air. This valve which is established on the case throttle заслонки (models with the engine in volume of 1,6 litres) or an inlet collector (model with the engine in volume of 2,0 litres), supervises opening of the air channel which passes by throttle заслонки. When throttle заслонка it is closed, the electronic block of management supervises opening of the valve which regulates quantity of air passing through the channel of the case throttle заслонки, and speed of work of the engine in an idling mode, thus, is supervised.
On models with the engine in volume of 1,6 litres the case throttle заслонки has the device which can independently increase speed of work of the engine in an idling mode when the engine gets warm. This function is supervised by the temperature valve. When the engine cold, the wax capsule in the valve (the valve is established in the case throttle заслонки) is small, and the cam of fast idling keeps throttle заслонку a little slightly opened. When the engine gets warm, the wax capsule extends, lifting плунжер the valve upwards, it, in turn, turns a cam of fast idling in demanded position.
On models with the engine in volume of 2,0 litres the increase in speed of idling is supervised by the valve of adjustment of giving of air which consists of a bimetallic spring and заслонки. When the engine cold, the bimetallic spring keeps заслонку the opened. Air passes through the valve that increases air receipt in an inlet collector. When the engine works, on a bimetallic spring of the valve pressure which gradually increases its temperature moves. When the temperature increases, the bimetallic spring is deformed and closes заслонку, stopping additional giving of air to the engine.
On all models, also, on the case throttle заслонки the electromagnetic valve of increase in speed of work of the engine in a mode of idling which is supervised by the electronic block of management is established. The electromagnetic valve supervises opening of the air channel which passes by throttle заслонки, and is used for increase in speed of work of the engine when systems of strengthening of a steering or the conditioner are included.
On some models the valve can be established, but will not function.
On models with каталитическим the converter the electronic block of management also supervises system of release of the fulfilled gases and the monitoring system behind allocation of steams of fuel which are described in the corresponding chapter.
If the signals received by the electronic block of management from gauges, leave for admissible limits or will not be co-ordinated with each other, the electronic block of management passes to the protected operating mode. In this case, the electronic block of management ignores wrong signals of the gauge and accepts a certain preset value that will allow the engine to work, though and with smaller efficiency for a gauge signal. If the electronic block of management passes in the protected operating mode, on an instrument guard the alarm bulb and a corresponding code of malfunction lights up is brought in memory of the electronic block of management.
If the alarm bulb lights up, it is necessary to address as soon as possible to experts. In repair shop full diagnostics of a control system by the engine by means of the electronic diagnostic equipment which is necessary for connecting to a diagnostic socket simply can be spent.
The electronic block of management of the engine also has a mode of self-diagnostics which can be used to the motorist. For reception of more detailed information cм. Subsection 18.104.22.168.